The West Virginia Lawyer Referral Service
The Lawyer Referral Service is designed to assist the public in locating lawyers who are currently taking referrals in specific practice areas.
How the process works:
- Go to: wvlawyerreferral.org
- Determine which practice area covers your legal issue by searching a keyword or browsing the practice area description.
- Search for a lawyer with the desired practice area in your zip.
- Contact the lawyer and mention that you found them through the WV State Bar Lawyer Referral Service. The lawyer may agree to see you as a potential client for an initial consultation and a fee of no more than $25 for the first 30 minutes of the initial consultation.
West Virginia Free Legal Answers
West Virginia Free Legal Answers is a website where low-income West Virginia residents can ask civil legal questions for free and request that a volunteer attorney respond to their questions.
Tuesday Legal Connect
Get Your Legal Questions Answered. On Tuesday nights from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m., the WV State Bar operates the Tuesday Legal Connect. Volunteer lawyers take calls from the public, and offer suggestions and guidance.
What they can assist you with:
- Determining if you have a legal problem.
- Providing simple steps you can take to solve your problem without a lawyer.
- Determining if you need a lawyer.
The volunteer lawyers can provide general legal information. They cannot provide direct legal advice or legal assistance about your case. In order to give legal advice, a lawyer would need more information and details than a short telephone call can provide.