e-Recording: Electronic Recording of Land Records
What is e-Recording?
The Putnam County Clerk’s Office is now able to accept documents electronically.
eRecording is the electronic recording of land records documents. It’s the process by which they are transmitted via the Internet to our office for official recording via a facilitator company.
What are the benefits of e-Recording?
- Documents are recorded in minutes
- Increases effectiveness and efficiency
- Shorten the recording gap
- Receive and re-submit rejected documents in a fraction of a time
- Get documents into the public record faster
Is eRecording mandatory for the filling of all land records?
No, WV law gives us permission to accept eRecorded documents but does not allow us to mandate them.